The RPA-Cube: defining the right result areas
The RPA-Cube stands for Result Positioning Area. It is a strategic assessment tool that gives insight into the result areas of a team or role. It is used to help tackle questions around recruitment, promotion, or staff turnover. Furthermore, it can help to describe new or existing roles better. The RPA-Cube can give HR and management insight into strategic staff planning, possible causes of burn-outs, effective promotions and efficient recruitment and selection procedures.
The RPA-Cube is thus used to create a common understanding of the result areas that are necessary to optimally execute an organisation's strategy. The RPA-Cube can be used to define clear goals for a particular business unit and tailor them to the natural contributions of individuals.
The RPA-Cube in sum
- A three-dimensional instrument to map the result areas of individual roles, business units or project teams
- It is founded on the same scientific concepts as the AEM-Cube®, making them ideal tools to use complementarily. In other words: whereas the RPA-Cube indicates which result areas are expected from a team or role, the AEM-Cube shows which individual naturally contributes to these result areas.
- The RPA-Cube can be used internally in organisations, for example by the HR department, as well as by external consultants.
- The RPA-Cube is used for onboarding new talent, matching a role to applicants and for deciding which team or business units gets assigned which strategic objectives
The RPA-Cube in practice
- Just like the AEM-Cube®, the RPA-Cube is a non-judgemental instrument. Its aim is to connect the result areas and strategic objectives of a team or role and match the right people with the right result areas.
- The self image gives insight into how someone in a certain role sees the different tasks and responsibilities of his/her role. In turn, the feedback image analyses how other stakeholders in the organisation perceive the objectives of a certain role, business unit or team.
- The RPA-Cube helps to answer the following questions: Are the result areas of a team or role aligned with the strategic objectives of the team or organisation? Are the right people in the right place to execute the result areas optimally?