Chair Exercise: importance of diversity
The Chair Exercise is ideal for teams that encounter issues related to cognitive and strategic diversity. This exercise was developed by Human Insight to better understand the different growth phases of the AEM-Cube. The different growth phases of the AEM-Cube are linked to five chairs with associated roles in which the characteristics of the relevant growth phase emerge.
During this exercise, the five volunteers will assume fictional roles within an organisation. Ideally, these are roles that match their own AEM-Cube profile, but this is not a requirement. The advantage of this may be that the volunteer can easily move into the relevant position on the Growth-Curve. When all seats are filled, the dialogue can begin.
Goal of the game
The goal of the Chair Exercise is to better understand the different growth phases of the AEM-Cube and to experience the importance of diversity.
Teams | Organisations | Departments
Before the game, ensure:
- Completed AEM-Cube® assessments of all participants;
- Five participants;
- Five chairs;
- Time investment of max. 1 hour.
Human Insight provides:
- AEM-Cube team images.
What will you learn?
- Insight into the different roles within a team or organisation;
- The importance of different roles within a team or organisation;
- The importance of cognitive and strategic diversity within a team or organisation..